What is affiliate marketing :
Affiliate marketing one of the oldest form of marketing wherein you Refer someone to any online product ,and when the person buy the product based on your recommendation you receive a Commission. this is basic affiliate marketing.
The commission veries low to high as your product price and category.
Stages of affiliate marketing :
There are following stage of affiliate marketing.
- Online buyer decided to buy a product.
- He found an affiliate site.
- Now he was redirected to merchant site through affiliate link
- The buyer finally makes the Purchase and the merchant rewards the affiliate for his effort.
The most common question is that how companies track the record of who is sending the traffic and making the sales. The simple answer is with a tracking URL (a unique link given to you by the affiliate company or product company.)
This URL is used to keep track of all the traffic and sales you are making via your website or other promotional techniques.
How affiliate marketing is profitable :
Suppose you have a blog or website with high traffic and you give an affiliate link of any product and your blocgs, then as any viewer when click on that affiliate link ,redirected to product link of company and if the buyer buy the product then you can earn more and more Commission as your website have traffic.
Commission on affiliate marketing :
The commission on affiliate marketing or affiliate product varies from product to product. It will be different from different different product. The range of Commission on affiliate product varies from 2% to 15% nearby.
How to join affiliate marketing :
You can join affiliate marketing on different eCommerce website, as you fill your details on any eCommerce website and if that website approve your membership then you will become an affiliate member of that website and you can earn revenue through affiliate product.
Common terms using in affiliate marketing :
- Affiliates : Publisher like you and me who are using affiliate program link to promote and makes sales.
- Affiliate marketplace : There are many marketplaces like Amazon ,Flipkart and Clickbank.
- Affiliate link : Special tracking link offered by your affiliate program to track the process of your affiliate promotion.
- Commission : The amount or percentage you will be receiving in affiliate income from Every sales.
- Landing pages : Unique product sales are demo page used for the purpose of increasing sale most of the program that you will be promoting have many landing pages and you can see which pages convert best for you.
How to promote a product : affiliate market place such as those mentioned above are the best place to start your affiliate marketing research you can browse your niche and see the top performing affiliate programs, alternatively you can keep an eye on blogs in your niche and see which products they are promoting and what method they are using .
Is a blog is necessary for affiliate promotion : Not necessarily but blog is really the best promotional tool with that said you can always use method such ast PPC or advertising to promote a product. the best way to make the most out of your affiliate marketing opportunities is to have a blog and use it for hard and soft promotion